Salsa Chicken Breasts
Salsa spices up the chicken and keeps it moist!
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- ½ tsp pepper, divided
- 1 cup jarred salsa, divided
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tbsp cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub the chicken breasts with the olive oil, place in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Pour the salsa over the chicken.
- Bake the chicken breasts for 20 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Turn the oven temperature to broil. Top the chicken with the cheese and broil until the cheese is bubbly and light golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.