Simple Shredded Beef Tacos
With a busy family, the slow cooker has suddenly become your best friend. So, let your BFF help you put these yummy tacos on the table tonight.
- 1 boneless beef roast (approximately 3 pounds), cut into 3 pieces
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup picante sauce
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- All your favorite taco toppings
- Place the onion and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and cumin.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the meat and place the meat on top of the onions and garlic.
- Pour the salsa and the chicken broth over the meat.
- Cook for 8-10 hours on low or 3½ to 4½ hours on high.
- When finished, shred the meat with a fork and place it in the tortillas, along with all of your favorite taco toppings.
- Trim off extra fat from the beef roast before cooking.