Turkey Burger Tacos
Lean turkey burgers hold their own in the crisp, crunchy tacos.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 8 taco shells
- 2 cups shredded lettuce, divided
- 1 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the turkey and next 5 spices, mixing gently with your hands to thoroughly blend. Gently form the mixture into 8 small burger patties.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the burgers for 4 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness.
- Heat the taco shells according to package directions. Cut each burger in half and place into each taco shell. Top with lettuce, salsa and cheese.
- Look for bags of shredded lettuce in the bagged salad section of the produce department. If you are shredding your own, it works best to purchase a bag of "hearts of romaine", wash the leaves and dry with paper towels. Then stack the leaves on top of each other and slice through the stack into thin strips.