Sauteed Scallops With Lemon and Ginger
A 10-minute main course that's perfect for company's-coming dinner. Now that's our kind of recipe.
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil and one tablespoon of the butter or margarine.
- Add the scallops and cook for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and cook for one more minute.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the remaining butter or margarine, ginger, salt and pepper, stirring gently for one minute to form a sauce.
- Put the rest of your meal on the table, and the scallops will be ready before everything else gets cold.