Apparently, beef stroganoff is popular across the globe. Is it any wonder? It's beefy, noodley goodness.
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 (8-oz) package fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 ½ lbs beef stew meat
- 1 (8-oz) carton reduced fat sour cream
- In a three and a half-quart or larger slow cooker, place all of the ingredients except for the beef stew meat and sour cream, stirring well to mix.
- Add the beef stew meat; stir to coat with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for eight hours.
- Stir in sour cream and serve.
- Serve with hot buttered noodles. Be sure to select stew meat that has been well trimmed of fat.