Does your bambino request "just plain noodles, please?" Well, a dash of parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice might get him to change his tune.
- 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 8 oz cooked spaghetti
- Use a fine cheese grater or microplane to remove the zest from half of the lemon. Put the zest into a large bowl.
- Slice the lemon in half and squeeze the juice from both halves into the bowl (be careful not to get any seeds in the bowl!).
- Add cheese, oil and salt to bowl. Whisk well.
- Add spaghetti to the bowl and toss to coat. Serve warm with extra cheese to garnish.
- Add 1/2 cup thawed frozen spinach, grated raw zucchini or or cooked white beans for an extra kick.
- Substitute Japanese Soba or Udon noodles for the spaghetti.