Pasta With Pink Sauce
Shake up your usual jarred-sauce-over-spaghetti with something a little more high-brow (but still low-brow enough that it won't raise any eyebrows).
- 1 (16-oz) box farfalle (bow tie) or rotini pasta
- 2 cups of your favorite prepared pasta sauce
- 1 (8-oz) container whipped cream cheese
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a serving dish.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the pasta sauce for 5 to 10 minutes, or until lightly bubbling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the cream cheese to the pasta sauce and stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour the hot sauce over the pasta; toss to coat.
- Adding a package of frozen chopped spinach to the pasta during the last few minutes of boiling adds a nice colorful (and nutritional) boost.