Spaghetti With Pork
This hearty dish is full of flavor and comes together in a flash!
- ½ (16-oz) box spaghetti
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 (1-lb) package pork strips for stir fry
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ¼ cup black olives, chopped
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the spaghetti according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet over high heat, heat the oil, sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until cooked through.
- Add the tomato sauce, fennel, and olives, stirring well to mix, and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the skillet, tossing well, and serve.
- If you cannot find already-cut pork strips for stir fry at your meat counter, simply buy 1 pound of pork cutlets (or chicken cutlets, if you prefer), and cut them into ½-inch strips with kitchen shears or a sharp knife.