Spinach Fettuccine with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
This colorful dish is so pretty it's like eating art (without any paint after-taste)!
- 1 (12-oz) jar roasted red peppers
- 1 (16-oz) box spinach fettuccine
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil (or 2 tsp chopped fresh basil)
- In a food processor or blender, puree the peppers and set aside.
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pepper puree, vinegar, and basil, stirring to heat through.
- Toss the fettuccine with the heated puree and serve.