Nutty Thai Noodles
This pad thai imposter comes together in 20 minutes (i.e. faster than the delivery guy could get it to you).
- 1 (16-oz) box vermicelli, or thin spaghetti
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ⅓ cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the vermicelli according to package directions. Drain and place in a serving bowl.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup, combine the remaining ingredients to make the sauce, stirring well to mix.
- Cook the sauce for 1 minute on half power in the microwave.
- Pour warm sauce over the vermicelli and toss to coat.
- If you coat your measuring cup with cooking spray, the peanut butter glides out without sticking.