Skillet Turkey Sausage with Orzo and Veggies
This bright, colorful dish offers enough options to please even the pickiest veggie eater!
- 1 lb fully-cooked turkey sausages, sliced into 1-inch coins
- 1 (14½-oz) can chicken broth
- 1 cup raw orzo
- 1 (14½-oz) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (16-oz) packaged frozen mixed vegetables (pick your family's favorite combo)
- In a large skillet with a lid, over medium-high heat, cook the sausage pieces, stirring occasionally, until well-browned, about 5 minutes. Remove, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in the orzo, return to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, until most of the broth is absorbed.
- Add the sausages, tomatoes, and veggies, stirring well to combine.
- Re-cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.