3-2-1 Cheddar Cheese Pie Crust
My mom's easy tasty pie crust recipe
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 sticks of cold butter diced into cubes
- 1 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese (white is preferable but yellow is ok too)
- Ice cold water
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. (if you don't have a food processor you can use a pastry cutter or 2 forks)
- Pulse until mixture is crumbly.
- Add 2 tablespoons of ice water and pulse mixture again. Repeat pulsing and adding water until mixture comes together when you press between your fingers.
- Form a ball with the dough (add water if it still crumbles)
- Cut the dough in half and create 2 discs of dough. Cover each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface and cut to fit your pie pan.
- Bake at 375 until golden brown.
- I use this recipe for all sorts of sweet and savory dishes. Cut into circles and fill with my favorite filling and then pinch shut or score with the end of a fork. This is great with apple pie filling for mini apple pie pockets or add a mixture of cooked ground beef and onions and create empanadas.