Super-Easy French Silk Pie
I made this for Labor Day and everyone raved. I have been ordered to make this again on Thanksgiving and Christmas. You guys have to try this!
- 1 pre-made pie pastry crust
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter (no margarine!)
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate ( 3 oz melted and cooled)
- 1½ tsp vanilla or rum extract
- 3 eggs (make sure they are fresh)
- 1 small carton of whipping cream
- 1 pinch sugar to sweeten whipped cream
- Place pastry dough in a 9" pie plate. Flute the edges and prick bottom with a fork to vent.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Make sure the crust does not over brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cream the sugar and butter until fluffy. Blend in 3 oz. cooled chocolate and flavoring.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- Scrape the sides well, using a folding motion, and turn out into the pie shell.
- Cover well with plastic wrap and chill overnight
- Before serving, whip cream and add sugar. Top pie with whipped cream and shaved pieces of chocolate from remaining ounce.
- If you want to ensure your pastry doesn't puff, lay a square of foil inside and pour in a bag of dried beans. Leave in for 9 minutes while you bake. Then remove and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until the fluted part is golden brown.