Hot Dog and Bean Casserole
Here's proof you can teach an old dog new tricks! This updated version of franks and beans uses healthier low-fat turkey franks and fiber-full brown rice.
- 1 large (28-oz) can baked beans
- 1 package (10) turkey hot dogs, cut lengthwise and then into ¼-inch pieces
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Cooked brown rice, for serving
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pour the beans into a 2-quart casserole and add the hot dog rounds. Add the diced onion, and stir in the mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbly and hot. Spoon over the cooked brown rice.