Comfort food at it's best!
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 (6-oz) package white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1½ cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 (12-oz) package frozen Reames Homestyle egg noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked and diced turkey
- Sauté mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of butter for about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to pan and flour and cook stirring constantly 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and stir until thickened.
- Add milk and parmesan cheese stirring until cheese melts.
- Add peas and carrots, egg noodles and turkey. Stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to lightly greased 9 X 13 pan and bake in 400 degree oven 20 minutes.
- This recipe can also be made with cooked chicken.