Cold mornings, warm mornings, always eaten to the last oat. And so good for you. Just don't tell anyone.
- 1 medium apple
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 4 tbsp brown sugar, divided
- ½ cup "quick cooking" oats or regular oats
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp water
- Peel and thinly slice one medium apple.
- In small microwavable bowl, add apple, 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 tablespoons water.
- Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until apple is soft.
- Combine apple mixture, 1 cup water and ½ cup oats.
- Microwave on high for 1-3 minutes until oats are cooked to your desired consistency.
- Carefully remove from microwave and stir. Top with remaining butter and brown sugar and serve.
- You can substitute white sugar for the brown sugar.
- This recipe serves two adults and can be doubled exactly for a family of four.