Thai Fried Rice With Chicken
Can't convince the kids to try something new? Sweeten it up! The pineapple in this dish does the trick--and it's a healthier addition than, say, jelly beans.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced ginger
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- Chopped peanuts (optional, for serving)
- Cook rice according to package directions, fluff with fork, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in the bottom of a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the canola oil and sauté the garlic and ginger for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the frozen peas and pineapple, and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and soy sauce, stirring well to mix, and serve.
- Top each portion with chopped peanuts, if using.
- Jasmine rice is an aromatic break from regular white rice.