Annabel Karmel's Pizza Margherita
A fun fave you can top 'til you drop.
- 1 package of store-bought pizza dough OR your favorite dough recipe
- Oil, for greating
- Tomato sauce
- 8 oz (50 g) of mozzarella
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- Cheese, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the dough, use 1 package of store-bought pizza dough OR your favorite dough recipe. Punch down the dough and divide it into 4 pieces for large pizzas, or 8 for small ones.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Oil a couple of large baking sheets. Roll out the dough into circles, then place them on the baking sheets.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on each pizza. Top with mozzarella cheese and halved cherry tomatoes. (Or try a mix of cheeses such as mozzarella with grated Cheddar or Parmesan.) Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Scatter fresh basil leaves on your baked pizza and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Make tomato sauce and store it in the freezer until you need it. Alternatively, use marinara sauce from the supermarket.