Citrus Basil Chopped Salad
Let's be honest: Bacon makes everything taste better, and your temperamental taste buds deserve a little pick-me-up. This delicious combo of avocado, apple and cranberry with an orange basil dressing kicks butt with spice that will make your Mini dance.
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- ½ avocado, chopped
- ½ Fuji apple, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup each dried cranberries and roasted pumpkin seeds
- juice of 1 orange and ½ lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Combine all salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until blended.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Buy precooked bacon to speed up the prep time.