Barbecued Cheddar Chicken Sandwiches
How do you make a barbecued sandwich better? Why, cheese, of course!
- Breast meat from one rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine the chicken and barbecue sauce, stirring well to mix. Cook for about 5 minutes, until heated through.
- Add the cheddar cheese, stirring well for 3 to 4 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, under the broiler or in a toaster oven, toast the hamburger buns until golden brown.
- Divide the chicken mixture evenly among the bottoms of the buns and sandwich with the tops.