Chipotle Chicken Barbecue Sandwiches
The smoky, spicy flavor of chipotle can really pack a punch - turn it up or tone it down, depending on your family's tastes.
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ⅛ to ¼ tsp ground chipotle chili powder
- 1 rotisserie chicken, breast meat shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 (4-oz) can chopped green chiles, drained
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 whole wheat sandwich buns
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the barbecue sauce and chipotle chile powder, stirring well to mix. Cook for 2 minutes, until heated through.
- Add chicken, chopped green chiles, and corn, stirring well to mix. Bring to a bubble, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Toast the buns under the broiler, if desired. Divide chicken barbecue mixture among the four buns.
- Find ground chipotle chili powder in the dried spice section of your market. Substitute 1 teaspoon of Mexican chili powder or smoked paprika with equally tasty results.