Egg Salad Pitas
For the kid that loves stuffing random stuff in his pockets (that, of course, you find later at the bottom of the washing machine), serve up these stuffed pita pockets.
- 8 hard boiled eggs, peeled & chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp yellow or dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 whole wheat pita pockets (8 halves)
- Shredded lettuce
- Tomato slices
- Red onion slices
- In a large bowl, combine egg, mayonnaise, mustard and paprika. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff pita pockets with egg salad, lettuce, tomato slices and onion slices.
- For extra flavor and crunch try adding water chestnuts, green onions, diced red bell pepper or diced celery to the egg salad.