Jeff Mauro's Grilled Cheese with Apples and Ham
Give your grilled ham and cheese a tangy twist with slices of green apple!
- 8 slices of country white bread
- 4 slices of sharp cheddar
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 12 slices of shaved honey ham (or 12 slices of bacon)
- 1 green apple, peeled, halved then sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- Heat non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- Build sandwich with cheddar on bottom, then apples, then 3 slices of ham, then Swiss. Close and smear each side with the softened butter.
- Grill first side of sandwich with the pan covered to help make things melty. Flip and finish until golden brown.
- Slice and serve!
- Recipes courtesy of Jeff Mauro. Find more of Jeff's recipes!