Cheese Lace Crackers
The only ingredient you need is the only one that matters here: cheese. Bake 'em up. Watch 'em get eaten up.
- 3 cups shredded cheese (Monterrey Jack and Cheddar are good options!)
- Parchment Paper (wax paper won't work!)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 24 tablespoon-sized "haystacks" of cheese about one inch apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes on a middle rack. Check occasionally to make sure the cheese isn't browning too quickly. The cheese lace crackers will be golden brown and bubbly when ready to come out. The longer you cook them, the crispier they will be.
- Let crackers cool for five minutes on the cookie sheet. Blot the tops with paper towel to absorb any extra oil.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. These pack well into lunchboxes and diaper bags for a quick, filing snack.
- Tips: Cheese Lace Crackers work with any shredded, hard cheese you would like. For Moms and Dads try Parmesan or Asiago cheeses.