These beef-less burgers are a tasty change to the same old, same old.
- 2 (14 3/4-ounce) cans salmon, flaked with a fork
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 hamburger buns, mixed grain
- tartar sauce or cocktail sauce (optional)
- In the bottom of a large mixing bowl, combine salmon, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, soy sauce, and pepper, stirring well to mix.
- Divide the mixture into 6 portions and shape each portion into a patty with your hands
- In the bottom of a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the patties and cook for about 3 minutes per side, until lightly browned and heated through.
- Not a fan of salmon? Make tuna burgers!