Sweet and Savory Corn Pudding
Bust out the can opener and create a side dish that will confuse the family into thinking you spent last month at a secret culinary school.
- Non-stick spray oil
- 2 cans (15-oz each) corn kernels, drained
- 2 cans (15-oz each) cream-style corn
- 2 cups (16-oz) sour cream
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 package (8½-oz) corn muffin mix
- Heat oven to 375 degrees; spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with oil.
- Combine corn kernels, cream-style corn, sour cream, egg yolks, hot pepper sauce, butter and corn muffin mix in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat the egg whites to a soft peak with an electric mixer or a large whisk in a large, clean bowl, and fold into the batter.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish, and bake for 45 minutes until browned and springy in the center.