Summer Corn Salad
This is my go-to summer dish--and it's one that even my toddler will eat.
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and cleaned
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- juice from 1 lime
- Put corn in a large pot. Fill with water until corn is covered. Bring to a boil. As soon as water starts to boil, turn off heat and let corn sit for 10 minutes.
- Drain corn. Rinse with cold water. Let cool 30 minutes-2 hours.
- Cut corn off of cobs. Put into a large bowl.
- Halve cherry tomatoes. Add to corn.
- Add basil, vinegar and lime juice. Stir until combined.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped bell peppers for a bit more color, or jalapenos if you like it spicy.