Grilled Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf artisanal Italian bread, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed through a garlic press
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the grill on high for 15 minutes. Scrub the grates with a wire brush, and wipe them down with olive oil. Reduce the heat to low.
- With a pastry brush, paint both sides of the bread with the oil. Place the bread on the grill and cover with the hood or lid. The lower the heat, the better the bread will toast. Turn once when the underside is golden brown. Cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- When the bread is toasted, use the pastry brush to brush each side with some of the crushed garlic-just enough to flavor. Sprinkle bread with just a little salt and serve immediately.