One of our family favorites. It's also wonderful left over with coffee for breakfast!
- 1 (20-oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 box (reg size) lemon jell-o
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup Granny Smith apples, unpeeled, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup celery
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- Combine pineapple and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Add jello and cream cheese, and stir.
- Let cool.
- Add apple, pecans, celery and Cool Whip.
- Put in fridge and let chill (best to make the night before serving).