This quick, simple side dish sounds fancy and tastes great.
- 1½ cups uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Combine salt, pepper, shallots, parsley, lemon juice, orange juice and mustard in a small bowl, stirring well.
- Slowly add olive oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Drizzle the shallot mixture over pasta.
- Toss well to coat.