Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts have a bad rep, but roasting them gives them great flavor. Who knows? Your kids (and you) may even find out you like them!
- 1½ pound Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss Brussels sprouts in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place sprouts on a cookie sheet and roast in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Shake the pan occasionally to brown the sprouts evenly.