Tortellini and Bean Soup
This soup takes an outside-the-box approach to tortellini. (Which is good, because tortellini doesn't taste as good when it's in a box.)
- 2 32-ounce cartons chicken broth
- 2 14 ½-ounce cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 16-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 9-ounce package refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the chicken broth, tomatoes, chickpeas, garlic and salt and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the tortellini, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, until tender.
- Add the parsley and Parmesan cheese, stirring well to mix.