White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese
This one is super easy, cheap and fast—it's what you whip up in a flash when you're out your kids' favorite boxed mac 'n cheese.
- 1½ cups elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup half & half
- ¾ cup shredded white cheddar cheese (or sharp cheddar)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- Add water to medium sauce pan and bring to a rolling boil. Add macaroni and bring back to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook for approximately 8 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large skillet or medium sauce pan. Remove from heat and stir in flour and salt. Add half & half and place back on low heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the sauce starts to thicken stir in cheese until it melts and sauce is smooth and creamy.
- When pasta is finished cooking, drain and return to pan. Combine with cheese sauce, oregano and parsley.