Crock Pot Roast
Use a slow cooker to throw this dish together in the morning and have a hot, hearty dinner ready and waiting by dinnertime.
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen chopped onion
- ½ (16-ounce) bag fresh baby carrots
- 10 to 12 small potatoes, washed and cut in half
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (32-ounce) container beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 pounds lean stew beef, cut into 2-inch chunks
- In the bottom of a 3 ½-quart or larger slow cooker, place all the ingredients, except the flour and beef, stirring well to mix.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, place the flour. Add the beef, shaking well to coat chunks with flour. Add floured beef to the slow cooker, stirring well to mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.