Snack Recipes: Crispy Kale
These crunchy pieces of kale are salty and addictive, so I understand how people compare them to potato chips! But when it comes to nutrition, the kale wins hands down. Kale supplies a wealth of nutrients, including vitamin C, beta-carotene, vitamin K, iron, potassium, folate, and fiber. Snack recipes don't get much healthier! A word of caution: Don't start munching on them in the kitchen or they'll never make it to the dinner table!
- 1 large bunch kale
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat two large baking sheets with oil spray. (The kale will be crispiest if baked directly on the baking sheet, without aluminum foil.)
- Trim the kale and cut it into 2-inch pieces.
- Divide the kale pieces between the two baking sheets and spread them out into a single even layer.
- Liberally mist the kale with oil spray, and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the kale is crispy to the touch and the edges are beginning to brown.