Baby's Chicken and Vegetable Stew
You probably never thought you'd be making cubes of stew, but you'll be glad you have these iced nuggets full of protein and vegetables on hand and ready to go at a moment's notice (a.k.a. a hungry baby's cry).
- ½ pound chicken breast
- 2 8-ounce cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 spear broccoli
- 10 green beans
- Dice chicken breast.
- Place in large saucepan and cover with broth.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Chop zucchini, onion, broccoli and green beans.
- Add to stew and boil for 10 additional minutes.
- Once vegetables are tender, pour stew into food processor or blender and purée until smooth.
- Pour into ice cube trays and freeze overnight.
- Remove stew from ice cube trays and place in large, resealable plastic bag.
- Defrost 1-2 cubes for baby's meal.
- It's all about options: You can substitute other vegetables like yellow squash, carrots, celery, peas or potatoes.