Chocolate Fondue With Fruit
What's more fun than fondue? Let the kids have a blast dipping their favorite snacks in chocolate. You should probably demonstrate how to do it first--you know, so they do it right.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sliced fruit like bananas, strawberries, apples, oranges, etc.
- Heat cream over medium to low heat in a small pot until hot, but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Transfer to a fondue pot or a small crock pot, if you have one. If not, transfer to a heavy bowl and serve immediately with cut fruit, marshmallows, pretzels, etc.
- If you don't have a fondue pot, simply use a heavy bowl and warm the fondue in the microwave when it starts to cool.