This is a twist on oatmeal cookies. I discovered it because no one would eat the instant hot Kashi cereal and I hate to throw anything away.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups of oatmeal or Kashi instant cereal or crushed granola
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Add combined dry ingredients.
- Stir in cereal and raisins.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on sheet for a few minutes then transfer to rack and cool completely or they will crumble.