Microwave Baked Apples
Easier than apple pie, but just as tasty!
- 4 baking apples
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- Raisins or nuts (optional)
- Core each apple and slice off about a ¼-inch ring from the top of each one.
- Place apples in microwave-safe dish, not touching each other.
- If using the raisins or nuts, mix with brown sugar.
- Press 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or brown sugar mixture) into each apple hole and top with ½ tablespoon butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Microwave the apples on low for five to six minutes, or until tender (don't overcook—apples should be very soft but shouldn't collapse completely).
- Carefully remove from the microwave and put apples on individual serving dishes. Pour any syrup that has collected from the baking dish into the center of each apple.