There's nothing like a pina colada to put you in the island mood. Without rum for the kids. With rum for you. No matter how you mix it, it's all good. (Just don't mix them up!)
- 4 ounces of piña colada mix (or one part crème de coconut and three parts pineapple juice, if you want to make it from scratch)
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1 cup ice
- 1 ounce half-and-half or milk (optional, for a creamier version)
- Mix the above ingredients with crushed ice (by hand or in a blender for a smoother drink).
- Pour into a glass.
- Garnish with a slice of pineapple and a cocktail parasol.
- Hold the rum for the kids (and the teens, too)!
- Need a good excuse to make this cocktail? Why not try throwing a living room luau?