Spinach and Onion Couscous
Couscous makes us want to say everything twice-twice. Yum-yum.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 14 ½-ounce can chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 10-ounce box couscous
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil.
- Add the onions and the garlic and cook until the onions are tender, about five minutes.
- Add the broth and spinach; cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach thaws.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the couscous, stirring well to mix.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand five minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring well to mix.