Tomato Corn Soup
Dinner in fifteen minutes? Yep. On your mark. Get set. GO!
- ½ cup frozen chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 10 ¾-ounce can tomato puree
- 1 14 ½-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 16-ounce can cream-style corn
- 1 5-ounce can evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook onion in oil for 2 minutes. Do not brown onions.
- Add tomato puree, diced tomatoes and corn, stirring well to mix.
- Add milk, pepper and parsley, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring constantly, until hot.
- As with all tomato soups, this one tastes great with a grilled cheese sandwich.