Weeknight Egg Bake
Leftover vegetables, meet your new destiny.
- 10 eggs
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced (or 2 small zucchini)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium potato, diced (or 3-4 new/red/golden potatoes)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a medium-sized casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, scramble the 10 eggs well and add the milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Place all your sliced, diced and chopped veggies into the casserole dish.
- Pour the eggs evenly over the veggies. Top with cheese.
- Bake around 45 minutes (may take longer or shorter depending on how deep your dish is) or until the eggs are firm.
- Cool before serving.
- Add more protein by adding in some browned sausage, Canadian bacon or even salmon.