Creative Date Ideas: Go on a Geocaching Date
If you're all, "Geo-say-wha?," geocaching is a treasure hunting game where you use a standard GPS to discover containers of goodies hidden by other participants. Confused? Here's how to start geocaching—and get that adventurous date goin'!
- Register for a membership with the Official Geocaching community. It's our favorite price—free!
- Enter your postal code (on the community website) to find treasures in your area. Then, enter the coordinates of whatever geocache (the hidden object) you choose into your GPS.
- Hit the road! Your GPS will help you locate the geocache via car (if it's far away) and then on foot. Be sure to dress for the weather and wear your hiking shoes. And don't forget to pack a picnic 'cause all that adventure is going to make you hungry.
- Once you've discovered the hidden object, sign the logbook and put the container in its original location. Then, hop on the Official Geocaching website and share your experiences.
- Bonus points if you can sneak a make out sesh in the woods.
So, the next time you feel like crossing a rickety rope bridge, leave your helmet and elbow pads at home and go on a fun (and safe) geocaching date. It's a creative date idea that has it all: Action! Adventure! Romance! Not to mention, fresh air and alone time! Happy hunting!