Good Date Ideas for a Weeknight Date
Skip the crowded restaurants and hard-to-schedule babysitters on the weekend and go for a weeknight date. Check out these ideas for good (and often cheap!) ways to wile the weeknight hours away.
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen together.
- Hit happy hour at your favorite bar. Flirt outrageously.
- Get outside and go for a hike or run. Leave the iPod behind, though. This is a good time to get into your mate, not your music.
- Visit a museum or botanical garden. They often offer free admission one night a week.
- Take a class together. Learn a foreign language, a new cuisine, or an art technique. (Bonus points if you come up with some class ideas together!)
- Get your culture on. Attend a concert, play, or poetry reading.
- Schedule a couple's massage. Appointments can be easier to come by during the week.
- Set sail. Cruise or race, depending on your style.
- Go bowling. League optional.
- Put the kids to bed early and have a game night at home.
- Grab dessert at a cute cafe.
- Relax with a glass of good wine.
- Read together in your favorite bookstore.
- Decorate his-and-her mugs at a paint-your-own ceramics studio.
- Go salsa or swing dancing. Lessons are often offered early in the evening.
- Explore unfamiliar areas of town. Ride your bikes or rent scooters to take a more leisurely pace.
- Attend a sporting event.
- Or better yet, be the athletes. Register for a co-ed sports team and play together one night a week.
- Laugh away at a comedy club.
- Show off your singing "skills" at a karoke club.
- Go shopping, even if it's just window shopping. Malls and shopping centers are relatively quiet on weeknights.
- And of course, the tried and true dinner and a movie. It's a good weeknight date that's never a bad idea.