Top 5 Signs You Need Couples Therapy
It's only natural that you'd be asking relationship questions, but fighting in and of itself is not necessarily a sign that you need couples therapy. Sometimes fighting—if it helps to resolve issues and not make them worse—can actually be good for a relationship. So how do you know when you need relationship advice?
Here are the Top 5 Signs You Need Couples Therapy:
- You can't remember the last time you had sex. Physical intimacy is a key element of a relationship. If you don't have a physical connection, you should seek relationship advice.
- You hope he stays late at the office and dread your scheduled date night. It's not a good sign that you'd rather be alone than with him. Spending time together as a couple—and not just as a family is important for maintaining a strong relationship.
- All you and your husband do is fight—sometimes over petty stuff and sometimes big stuff, too. The problem is you keep rehashing the same relationship questions and arguments.
- You don't like your husband at all and can't remember what you found attractive about him in the first place.
- Being around your husband makes you sad, mad, regretful, fearful, or anxious. That's just not a good sign. Every marriage has its ups and downs, but overall, your marriage should make you happy. If that's not the case, it's time to seek relationship advice in couples therapy.