Relationship Tips: Connect with Your Partner
A lot happens in your life after you exchange I-Do's, so it's only natural that your relationship changes over time. Our relationship advice? It takes work to ensure that you grow closer rather than farther apart over time.
Here are several relationship tips about how you can connect with your partner and strengthen your relationship. Your challenge is to choose and complete at least two of these ideas (or else!):
1) Go on a date with your spouse/partner.
- Make it a 'real' date. Go to a restaurant or the movies, visit friends, or attend a sports event.
- Make it an 'at home' date. If you're staying home make sure to transform the look of the room for the date (e.g. decorating the kitchen or bedroom with candles, flowers, etc.) and hire a babysitter. Your "date" could be a home movie night, dinner, sharing a bottle of wine and talking...anything that gives you relaxed time to connect with your partner.
- Work out together.
- Watch your favorite program or a movie.
- Visit friends/family together.
- Do something you don't normally do together.
- Get rid of the old sweatshirt as pajamas and wear something sexier than usual.
- Try massages, cuddling, or watching a good movie in bed.
- If you like, add champagne/wine and anything you like to nibble on.
- If necessary, start by de-cluttering your room so that you have space for romance.
- Do something YOUR PARTNER would like, not something YOU would like.
- Give a gift, plan a special event, or give your partner some alone time.