Healthy Relationships: Things You Want Your Husband to Say
We love our partners—we really do— but we can't help fantasizing that one day they'll read our minds and magically just "get it" when it comes to what we need. Forget the whipped cream, George Clooney and fireman's uniform. Our true fantasies? They're of our loving (but sometimes clueless) husbands and boyfriends uttering the following sensitive sentences. ...
- "I noticed the baby needs a new diaper—can I change her? I know I did the last one, too, but I just love our bonding time on the changing table!"
- "Would you like a long back massage, honey? And don't try to give me one in return or turn this into a seduction! Tonight's all about getting that kink out of your shoulder and the tension out of your back."
- Let's talk about our relationship, honey.
- "Why don't you find something to watch on TV, put your feet up and I'll call you when dinner's ready. I'm trying this new recipe for salmon and it's almost done!"
- "I'm going to stop by the dry cleaner tomorrow—is there anything of yours or the kids' that you'd like me to take in? It'll be back hanging in your closet in two days. Promise."
- "I don't care what the guys at my office say! I don't find Megan Fox OR Angelia Jolie attractive at all. You are so much sexier and more beautiful."
- "Have you lost weight? I swear, you're even thinner and more fit than when I first met you! Are you sure you're not working out too much?"
- "Did you see that there's a new Reese Witherspoon movie on tonight? Is it OK if we skip the game and cuddle up with a good rom-com instead?"
- "My favorite part of the day is giving the kids their baths, reading them stories and then putting them to bed. Can I do it by myself tonight? Why don't you go take a break and cozy up with a good book for YOU?"
- "Honey, do you think we have a healthy relationship? What can I do to make it better?"
- "Can I take the girls to their friend's birthday party this weekend? I just love going to those things, and then you can have the morning to yourself for a yoga class or manicure!"
- "Keep next Saturday night free on our calendar—I called the sitter and made a reservation at that new restaurant you wanted to try. You might need to go shopping for a new outfit for the occasion!"
- "Tonight is all about you. I know exactly what you like and I plan on doing them all ... as long as you aren't too tired, honey!"