Healthy Relationships: Create a Romantic Bedroom
Here's our relationship advice: if you want a healthy relationship, give yourself some adult space. Try to keep your bedroom as romantic and kid-free as possible. (In fact, it's probably not a bad idea to work really hard at making it YOUR space.) Think 'adult'. Think 'restful'. And, go ahead, think 'sex life.'
To create a romantic bedroom ambiance that screams Oh, Mama! instead of just "Mommy," try these tips:
- Place a small vase of flowers or a blooming plant and a candle on your dresser.
- Play soothing and sexy music you'll want to snuggle under the covers to.
- Use warm colors for the walls and bedding, soft lights, and some favorite photos of you doing something besides parenting for a truly romantic bedroom experience.
- Pull out your prettiest lingerie (or buy yourself some)— and actually making a pact to wear it at least a couple of nights a week.
- Don't change diapers on your bed. You don't want the lingering smell of poop to distract you while you're trying to get in the mood!
- And finally, take a minute to clear away all of the board books, bottles, and binkies in your room. 'Cause, honestly? There's nothing sexy about a slobbery "Moo Baa La La La!"