Relationship Problems: What to Do When You're Falling Out of Love
Here's our relationship advice about what to do when you're falling out of love:
- Instead of finding faults with your husband, think of all of the things you like about him (if you can't think of any, then you've got serious relationship issues!)
- Make a date night: Even if you don't have the money for a sitter, you can have a special night at home. Enjoy dinner with romantic music by candlelight. And try not to talk about the kids!
- Do something special and unpredictable: Plan a last-minute vacation without the kids or do something together that you used to love doing when you first got together.
- Don't take each other for granted: Say "thank you" when your husband cooks you dinner or folds the laundry.
- Do something special for yourself: Go to the gym, spend time with friends, whatever makes you happy. It's hard to feel lovey dovey when you're not feeling so good yourself.
- Don't panic: Relationships go through different stages. You might not feel that crazy love you felt when you first met, but it doesn't mean the passion has fizzled out entirely. The most important thing is that you still love and respect each other—and are willing to work on your relationship problems and make things better!